By Doug Porter
The Regional Task Force on the Homeless is seeking over one thousand volunteers to assist in counting homeless individuals in San Diego on January 24, 2014.
The Point In Time Count (PITC) is an annual census effort encompassing both sheltered and unsheltered homeless individuals. Data about locations and demographics is collected, enabling agencies in the San Diego region to better understand the scope, impact and potential solutions to homelessness.
The PITC is also crucial in that it supplies information essential to applications for funding to address homeless issues. Based on San Diego’s 2013 census, approximately 8,900
Communities across the
The Regional Task Force on
- Jan. 24 from 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. – Enumerators to count
unsheltered homeless persons in San Diego County
- Jan. 24-27 availability times are flexible – Surveyors to conduct
interviews with homeless individuals in San Diego County
“Eliminating homelessness in our community requires a complex understanding of our homeless population and factors that led to them being where they are,” said Dolores Diaz, Regional Task Force on the
Editor: Meanwhile, homelessness and hunger are on the rise in U.S. cities, say nation’s mayors.
Latest posts by Doug Porter (see all)
- Massive Technical Difficulties - November 21, 2014
- Mounting Protests Over 43 Kidnapped Mexican Students Resonate in San Diego - November 18, 2014
- Shut-Peachment: The Coming GOP Drama Over Immigration. Get Your Popcorn Ready. - November 17, 2014