- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
Nate Silver correctly called 50 out of 50 states http://bit.ly/TJIjSE
Democrats have a super-majority in Sacramento. Bob Filner will be Mayor.
Proposition 30 won, Prop 32 lost.
Doug Porter was active in the early days of the alternative press in San Diego, contributing to the OB Liberator, the print version of the OB Rag, the San Diego Door, and the San Diego Street Journal. He went on to have a 35-year career in the Hospitality business and decided to go back into raising hell when he retired. He won numerous awards for his columns from the Society of Professional Journalists in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Doug is a cancer survivor (sans vocal chords) and lives in North Park.
Latest posts by Doug Porter (see all)
- Last Call. Last Column. - December 14, 2018
- Which Presidential Candidate Will You Support in 2020? - December 13, 2018
- Mounting the Assault on Big Gay and Other Drivel From SDSU’s Minimum Wage Scrooge - December 12, 2018
Patty Jones says
Hoo fucking rah!
Vox Populi says
God has apparently spoken, and it’s four more years of marriage equality, healthcare and problem solving on the economy…
And it also appears there is a new, and historic, supermajority in Sacramento..WOOT WOOT!!
John Lawrence says
Don’t forget the importance that Obama will be appointing members to the Supreme Court instead of Ripp Nomney, probably the single most important aspect of Obama’s victory.
Also Obamacare will become fully implemented instead of repealed by Romney on “Day 1.”
An historic victory and tribute to the first African American President. Winning in 2008 could of been considered a fluke as anybody the Democrats put up would have won. Now Obama won despite having been vilified by Republicans for 4 years – an amazing tribute to his character and ability.